Pagota coral placement

KimP

I have had this awesome pagota coral frag for several months now and it just keeps getting moved around my tank because I can't seem to find any info on how this thing attaches or grows. I don't know whether to put it on the sand, or glue it to rock, and if I glue it, should it be in a position where it can grow in all directions, or is it okay to have one side butted up against rock. I need some help.

When I got it it was all bare skeleton on the bottom and along 2 sides. I just moved it for the first time in a little while when I redid my tank and now I see tissue has covered more than half of the bottom and now there are polyps on 2 sides, and tissue is starting to cover one of the 2 previously bare sides. So now I'm not even sure how I would glue it :hmm: Maybe on the one bare side sticking out of the rock like a shelf?

If you have one, how does it grow? How do you have it attached - did it attach itself?

Thanks! I love this frag and would like to give it a more permanent placement instead of being the roaming frag of the tank.

Sounds like it's doing well! Don't bother trying to glue it, just set it someplace where it's at about a 45 degree angle, preferably on a shelf but if you set it on the sand put some small rocks under it so the sand doesn't smother the tissue on the bottom side. It may take a few years but it will get BIG and HEAVY, I've seen several over the years that were 12 - 14" dia. and 20 - 30 lbs.