Quick question about lobos

KimP

I have this lobo and it's nestled in a great spot (I think), however I'm not sure if it's okay for the meat to be touching the live rock. I can pull it out some but I don't want to move it unless necessary because it's very happy right now :D

What do yall think?

post-1781-0-28889300-1306121487_thumb.jp

That's what I would think too but since it's only been in my tank since Wednesday, I want to make sure. If it will hurt the coral, maybe it wouldn't happen right away?

Agree with Teresa, unless you notice any asymmetrical receding flesh you probably have nothing to worry about. From a location standpoint generally the only things that would impact a coral asymmetrically are current and interaction with the environment, usually another coral or predator.

Non asymmetrical receding can indicate a host of other issues from water chemistry issues to lack of food / light.

• Like 1

LPS corals are pretty quick to let you know when they are bothered by something close by. I'd say only be worried if it stops opening up, the meaty part looks hard or withdrawn. Besides, if you try to move him, you risk him falling accidentally - and in your tank that's a long fall :).