Brooks' Seahorse Tank

Brooks

Well, I am hoping he is actually pregnant! I've been looking at other pictures on different boards of people's pregnant H. Erectus, and mine just doesn't look as swollen up as the others. Then again, he is younger and typically the first brood is much smaller, which would make his pouch being small sensible.

Holy crap!

Woke up this morning and the male was acting funny... what do ya know...he then spits out about 150 babies.

Holy crap is right!!!!! I am leaving for my workout class...I'll be gone about 2 hours...LMK if you need any help...CONGRATS and work it Brooks!!

Holy crap!

Woke up this morning and the male was acting funny... what do ya know...he then spits out about 150 babies.

Holy crap is right!!!!! I am leaving for my workout class...I'll be gone about 2 hours...LMK if you need any help...CONGRATS and work it Brooks!!

Yea!! Let the fun times roll! :)

And I don't know why, but when I saw Laura say she is heading to a workout class, I had an instant image of leg warmers and Jane Fonda <runs for cover before Laura see's this>. :lol:

HEY!!!

Do NOT picture Jane Fonda...imagine Olivia Newton-John and Let's Get Physical...now go wash your eyes out... :lol:

Brooks...I forgot to tell you to make sure you have something for the fry to hitch on to as they start at birth...not ALL of them, but some do...

Everything looks good guys! BBS hatched by the time that I got home, so I was able to feed the fry.

What I THOUGHT was 150+, was around 80. 79 now, as one has died. :lol:

I will keep a detailed report of how they are doing!

Every "one" is doing well. Today I had a die of... so I THOUGHT! I thought I had about 20-30 die. However, I was sorely mistaken. Luckily after I put the food in there, the ones on the bottom were going crazy after those BBS. Today, I lost 4. The others are full, healthy, and hitching to the fake plants. It looks like a Seahorse tree!!

I have a bunch of BBS being enriched right now. Should be ready in the morning for feeding.

Here is a picture :wave:

f56af477.jpg

5 lost today.

Changed the buckets they were in. Sanitized the other while they are in their current one.

I fed the babies some Cyclopees today along with the usual bbs, and I had about 6 or 7 eating the Cyclopees!!!! That is GREAT!

I'm currently enriching some 36 hour old brine shrimp. Should be ready for them to eat in the morning.

As far as progressing with the big tank, I've got the tank... finally... and I've got the divider siliconed in.

Going to get it running tomorrow.