Wife's "new" car

We decided to modify it a bit. doh.gif

post-801-12714655370973_thumb.jpg

post-801-12714655524757_thumb.jpg

Honda SUV turned in front of us through a line of stopped traffic (the stopped cars waved them on) and we hit them going about 40ish...

Nobody hurt (though I'm afraid what we're going to wake up to the in morning). Other driver insured (with Progressive) and admitted fault with no complaints.

One interesting thing...their airbags went off...ours didn't...

Honda SUV turned in front of us through a line of stopped traffic (the stopped cars waved them on) and we hit them going about 40ish...

Nobody hurt (though I'm afraid what we're going to wake up to the in morning). Other driver insured (with Progressive) and admitted fault with no complaints.

One interesting thing...their airbags went off...ours didn't...

Did you hit them head on? If so, if you were really going 40ish, the airbags should have gone off.

My wife hit someone the same way...2 lanes of cars on the frontage road waved the driver on, right in front of her. She had no time to stop or accident avoidance steer around the truck.

Glad you are ok and find a way to wrap in a new tank into the insurance claim..."look, this 600G tank was in the back seat, now its broken due to the impact. I need a new one"

Exact scenario for me. We were head on (mostly on the driver's side) into the front passenger corner.

Their airbags went off, even though it was a mostly side impact for them.

Cops said they see accidents at this place in the same way all the time. People just don't watch when they're turning through traffic there.

I was going 40-45 when I saw the space between the cars. I knew someone was coming through and slammed on the brakes, but didn't have time to slow much at all...if any. We slid a good bit. I think the road was still slightly damp.

My initial reaction? "Crap...there's soda on the dash!" blink.gif