No hands in the tank!

pbnj

This is the first time since I started my tank in JUL08 that I've gone two straight weeks without sticking so much as a finger in my tank. I have to say, my corals really seem to look better (color/growth). I don't know if it's just my impression or what. My Millis have better polyp extension, my Tri-color Valida (which had turned all green) now has some new purple tips, and my Acans are nice and puffy.

It made me think about the times I've visited people with really impressive reefs. Now that I think about it, they all either used gloves or tongs when reaching into their tanks, for the most part.

I think I'm going to get some of those long-armed gloves.....they're not just for personal safety anymore! wink.gif

Interesting.. I don't think I've ever gone more than a day or so without reaching into the tank in some form.. I've been meaning to get some of those gloves as well (man, does that saltwater sting if you get it in a fresh cut), so it'll be worth seeing if I get similar results.

I've got the gloves. I use them because of some spots on my fingers that get easily irritated by salt water.

Mine are like this:

aquagloves.jpg

The only thing I wish for is that the hand part wasn't so thick and oversized. It's nearly impossible to manipulate anything small with them on. I use them when I'm cleaning the tank or just moving something on the sand, but I can't use them for placing coral or anything like that.

(man, does that saltwater sting if you get it in a fresh cut)

But the saltwater will help it heal faster ;)

It makes sense... you are bringing less pollutants into a small closed system.

On the other hand, your tank might just be at the point where everything is just booming :)