species ID help, please

nemirn

Can't wait for the next ugly tank photo contest!

Anyway, please help me ID these specimens:

post-707-12655855827341_thumb.jpg

I am trying to ID the specimen in the center of the image.

post-707-12655854570794_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by nemirn

I think the last one is a finger leather...looks just like a couple of the big ones I Have. They are a bit creamier than the kenya trees and the polyps don't fill up the thing quite like a kenya tree...just my opinion.

I vote on Kenya tree also. If, and it could be, it's a leather there should be time when the polyps completely retract and all that shows is the 'limbs and stalks'. Doesn't mean much but I have never seen a finger leather with so many branches.

The mushroom I was going to say Frilly Mushroom just because the Hairy Mushrooms I am familiar with have a lot more 'stuff'/hair coming from the top surface. Then I googled Frilly Mushroom and one site sez Frilly and Hairy are the same.:)

Bill

I agree, the top picture looks like a hairy mushroom.

The bottom, at first I though kenya tree, but looking at the larger picture not so sure. Are the stalks somewhat rigid? My kenya tree deflates to about 1/4th of it's size at night. Most leathers just retract their polypls, yet retain their size.